About Life Extension's Neurotransmiter Panel

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Sam-J
Contributor
Contributor

About Life Extension's Neurotransmiter Panel

Post by Sam-J »

Hi There,
I am thinking to order the Neurotransmitter Panel from Life Extension, it will be for my Mom who is 69 and APOE 3/4. She's been experiencing memory problems for the last 3 years and since 2018 I've been trying to put her into the Recode protocol. She's is not very committed to follow it but her Lab markers have improved in general however short time memory hasn't improved.

So I found this Lab Panel from Life Extension and it seems to be very useful for anybody who cares about his brain health but I am not sure how useful would this be for my Mom. She's been taking supplements like Apha GPC, ashwagandha, etc and she's also in HRT treatment. I think those things are slowing down neuronal deterioration but not necessarily improving her cognition because memory problems are still the same.

So I am curious is this Panel might help us to find something we are missing when it comes to brain health and I was wondering if anybody here has ordered this panel and could give me any feedback?
The panel gives a report on: Serotonin, Gaba, Dopamine, Norepinephrine, Epinephrine, Glutamate, Glycine, Histamine, PEA (Phenylethlyamine)

https://www.lifeextension.com/lab-testi ... anel-basic

Thank you