New Member Introduction

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
bennettka
New User
New User

New Member Introduction

Post by bennettka »

Hello, my name is Kristin, I live in Austin, TX. I received my results today, I am e3/e4 on the genetic markers. I decided to have the test done because I watched my maternal grandmother and also my great grandmother pass away in their 70's from Alzheimer's. I am hopeful to learn more about slowing down the process from the group. I look forward to meeting you all (virtually) and learning with you.
carrie
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by carrie »

bennettka wrote:Hello, my name is Kristin, I live in Austin, TX. I received my results today, I am e3/e4 on the genetic markers. I decided to have the test done because I watched my maternal grandmother and also my great grandmother pass away in their 70's from Alzheimer's. I am hopeful to learn more about slowing down the process from the group. I look forward to meeting you all (virtually) and learning with you.

Hello Kristin! It is my pleasure to welcome you to the ApoE4 community. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your great grandmother and grandmother. Like you, I am e3/e4 and found the ApoE4 site in my search to learn more about the on-going research around prevention. While the science continues to evolve, there is a wealth of information to be found here. When I first joined, I found the Primer to be a very helpful "landing" to start my research. It was written by a physician member of the community. For navigation of the site, I found the How-to full of useful tips on topics such as posting, searching, and private messaging. One in particular I would like to mention is using the quotes button ('') when posting a reply. This feature will automatically alert the other person via email of your reply. It really helps keep the conversation rolling.

Kristin, it is so nice to "meet" you. I look forward to seeing you around the community. If you need help navigating the site, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best wishes,
Carrie