New Technology Toothpaste that Greatly Reduces Plaque

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Technology Toothpaste that Greatly Reduces Plaque

Post by LillyBritches »

Circ - just wanted to thank you profusely for bringing Livionex to everyone's attention. Based on your posting about the fabulous dental gel, and my subsequent Googling, I ordered some for my mom because it's extremely hard to get her to the dentist. Welp, I'm here to report that it's done great things for her teeth and gums. It's truly made a difference! I use it, too, about twice a week; I don't really need it, because I don't have any real dental issues, but ya never know, right?

So, I'm brushing her teeth nightly with Livionex, then giving her her chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse with which to swish for 30 seconds, and post-brushing and swishing we've added a probiotics lozenge , PerioBalance. PerioBalance contains the probiotics Lactobacillus Reuteri DSM 17938 and Lactobacillus Reuteri PTA 5289 and I believe the company has a patent on it. I think it's an overseas company and the product goes by another name in Europe; here it's PerioBalance. There have been a few studies (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that show that Lactobacillus Reuteri DSM 17938 and Lactobacillus Reuteri PTA 5289 reduce the size of gingivitis "pockets."

Anywho, we have a triple-threat preventive regime working overtime for her now. :)

Thank you again!!! Looks like others have had success with Livionex, as well. Yay! :D
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Good news for your mom Lilly! It was rep though who told us about the Livionex :-)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

I have received a few emails recently from Livionex about a 10% discount on new orders till Sunday for a new packaging of their
toothpaste. This time the toothpaste is clear and has a pump dispenser.

I do not like the idea of a pump dispenser because I want to be careful with how much I use of this fairly expensive toothpaste. With a pump dispenser they might force more of the paste on you then you really want. It is hard to put the toothpaste back into the tube after it is pumped out! Sort of like crying over spilt milk. I suppose their marketing department figured that one out: ergo, the new pump!

Anyone know what the new 10% discounted price is? I like the idea of saving 10%, I just do not want to get ripped off.
Kathleen1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Kathleen1 »

I was not aware that professional tooth cleaning resulted in a reduced risk of oral infections in the average person, nor of the benefit of whiteners apart from personal preference about the color of ones teeth. Not talking about daily mouth care routines here, nor ignoring dental caries or dealing with specific mouth problems, just not a fan of the routine cleaning at specific intervals in the absence of specific treatable disease. Note that some vets will suggest putting elderly pets through this process and I speculate the evidence for that is even worse.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Just to second the gratefulness to Rep for posting this toothpaste. My dentist thinks it coats my teeth with a protective polymer (?). Of course, we have to experiment and observe (isn't this our motto?) as the product does not benefit all of us.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

There is quite a bit of very impressive home dental technology out there now.

I use the Livionex toothpaste only very occasionally and have found no problem with teeth staining.
Last edited by J11 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Here's another!
A liquid that can be applied that avoids drilling and filling cavities.
It has been used outside of the US for decades.

This would be great for our loved one.

http://www.elevateoralcare.com/dentist/AdvantageArrest

Looks like they are a bit stricter about this one.
Prescription required.

Anyone see how to buy this one direct?
progranulindefect
Contributor
Contributor

Post by progranulindefect »

i didn't read over all the posts, but did someone mention xylitol gum? the military uses it in mre's.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Thanks pro, I did not know that about the mres.
Perhaps they should reconsider that given all of the current research.

Oral health care is the top of the list for providing proper care to those with dementia.
Here's my list of oral health care technology that could help.

- Toothpastes -- Colgate Total, Livionex, FluoriMax™ 5000 (this one is by prescription, though I want to look into it, I thought in some places it could even be bought over the counter)

- Probiotics -- EvoraPlus, BLIS M18™ (just so happy that I just found this one. Free shipping from New Zealand! Go Kiwis! Their research found that a small percentage of the population has a certain type of good bacteria that protects them tooth decay perhaps other things as well? Wonder whether they will ever do the research to see how the EvoraPlus might synergize with the BLIS M18? Different mechanisms of action might add up to 1+1=10.)

- Mouthwashes/ Other -- Vegetable oil pulling ( not sure whether this is the same as coconut oil pulling, though I really noticed a cleaner mouth feel for days after doing this, Silver Diamine Fluoride 38% (really excited about this one. Really be great if we could find a DTC supplier), xylitol is also a good, reminova (this one seems very very cool)

- Anyone try some sort of an anti-acid treatment? Lactic acid is what the bacteria produce that wears down the enamel and causes tooth decay. Might there be a base one could use to neutralize this?
Last edited by J11 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
CatDC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CatDC »

I've been using Livionex for 3 months now. My teeth "feel" much cleaner, but I won't know what my dentist thinks until I go in for my next appointment. However, my teeth have really turned brown and it's driving me nuts. Based on the postings above, I'm going to try the Rembrandt Intense Stain and White Strips. But I do have receding gums, so I guess I'll have to be careful.
I'm going to give up on the Livionex. I'm a little bummed, as I stupidly purchased several tubes!