Anxiety

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Anxiety

Post by Bettylacy »

ktg000 Sending you more hugs. Great suggestions from every one. I would add a very important one...REST! We all have such very busy lives when events like divorce and tragedy strikes. IMHO we don't take enough time to "BE" with the event in its entirety. The result is the body/mind then having experiences like dissociation, anxiety, insomnia, tensions and illness. So take your time to process this and other things that may coming in this "watershed" moment that circular mentioned. You will get past this and eventually put it in proper perspective as StarFish chronicles. Hearing her account made me reflect on how hard it was for women's divorcing in past decades. Divorce has been described as worse than "death", because of the meaning we create in our minds around this loss. and our cultural influences. There is no funeral and people sometimes isolate and don't seek help. Good for you getting into counseling. The reality is it is a death of a relationship. Grief knows no calendar so this will certainly bring up other.losses. Grieve well KTG000. You won't regret it. One more suggestion that I recommend is a new app called "headspace". I've been finding success in it's guided meditations. Lots of these out now e.g...insight timer, 10%Happier etc.. YOu can upgrade to $12/month, which gives you access to more focused meditations for anxiety, including the SOS button that I used 3x this past week. Best to you and let us know how you are doing!
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D
Nancy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nancy »

I'm so sorry you are suffering like this. We are here for you. Ashwaganda has been great for me with no side effects. In the evening I take one in capsule form. GABA is a helpful supplement, too. What has helped me through very stressful times the most is exercise (it releases endorphins in the brain, which gives you happy feeling), and for me (I don't know what your spiritual beliefs are), my faith has been the #1 thing in helping me get through every trial-- getting in The Word of God and prayer, deep and often. I have found Him to be real and faithful.
ktg000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ktg000 »

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me advice and support. I'm off to do my headspace now :). I'm not much better but just need to remember this is probably one of the worst times of my life and hopefully these feelings will pass. X
ε4ε4
ktg000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ktg000 »

Hello again! I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been feeling much better. My Dr has prescribed Sertraline but (typical of the fact I'm suffering from anxiety) I'm scared to take it! I read it shouldn't be used with MAO inhibitors, then I remembered I'm MAO-A ++. Does anyone know if this would cause a problem? I think I've read that this prevents breakdown of serotonin and I think Sertraline will increase seratonin? I'm scared of my own shadow at the moment and am scared of being scared as I keep getting this depersonalisation thing after any stress. X
ε4ε4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

{{{ktg000,}}} I'm sorry that you're still feeling badly. Here's one of the best breakdowns I've seen on interpreting the MOA-A gene snips. That said, I'm not sure that it specifically addresses your concern. Have you tried discussing this with the physician who's prescribed the Sertraline?
ktg000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ktg000 »

Thank you Julie. I've had a look at that. It's quite common isn't it to be TT so hopefully lots of people have been on this medication with the same genes so I'm hoping it can't be that bad! I've picked them up today, just got to pluck up the courage to take one now. Thank you again x
ε4ε4
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

KTG000, good for you for being careful about the new medicine before using it. Now that you have decided to take it, what about taking 1/2 a dose for a couple of days until you feel comfortable with it. That might help relieve some of your anxiety about taking it. Yiou are making positive steps toward getting out of the darkness and into the light. We
care about you and are sending you love and concern. {{{{{ktg000}}}}}
Starfish
ktg000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ktg000 »

That's a good idea, thank you Starfish and for the support x
ε4ε4
tesslo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tesslo »

https://youtu.be/GhgL3y-oDAs my daughter shared this with me because of the evergrowing noise in our neighborhood...I put the headphones in and sometimes I fall into the deepest sleep! there is different ones but this one is my favorite flavor