The Magic Pill

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
ncrocker
Contributor
Contributor

The Magic Pill

Post by ncrocker »

The Magic Pill is a documentary about the ketogenic diet. You can get it on Netflix. I thought it was amazing and wonderful. I recommend it highly.
Boireann
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The Magic Pill

Post by Boireann »

I just finished watching it. Very good and actually inspiring!
apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by apod »

I enjoyed this one as well. I felt like Netflix owed it to the community having done a few like Forks over knives without a sort of Paleo rebuttal.
ncrocker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ncrocker »

One amazing thing about the documentary is the diversity of people it represents. Somebody went to a lot of trouble to demonstrate that this diet is for everybody - not just actresses trying to lose weight! It is inspiring and provocative. I hope a lot of people watch it.
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Rainbow »

Thanks for sharing ncrocker!

I was especially happy to see the footage of Tim Noakes. His work first inspired me to try eating low-carb.
Last edited by Rainbow on Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4/4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

We also enjoyed the film and thought it was well done.

The Tim Noakes issue is very telling, not just for South Africa, but for everywhere these multinationals influence dietary guidelines.

In Australia, orthopedic surgeon Gary Fettke has been censored for optionally referring patients for low carb, healthy fat dietary advice. In his practice, amputation of diabetic limbs were a significant part of his practice. He wanted to offer a potentially better option for them than surgery. He never received a patient complaint, but a dietitian at the hospital filed a complaint. One of the charges (my words): curing a T2 diabetic without permission! Here is his wife's website.
Tincup
E3,E4