Garlic Breath

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Garlic Breath

Post by Rainbow »

Does anyone have tricks for getting rid of garlic breath? I don't really mind it myself, but I'm not most of the world. :lol:

Eating raw garlic makes me feel calm. Perhaps it's just a placebo effect (which the excess dopamine swirling around in my brain as a result of poor methylation probably makes me more susceptible to). But I don't really care — seems like there are plenty of reasons to keep up the garlic habit.
4/4
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Garlic Breath

Post by CarrieS »

I haven't tried these but need to when I can eat garlicky Caesar salads again (after romaine has been given a green light again). Let us know is this works for you. I"ll be trying it too.
https://www.foodandwine.com/fwx/food/mi ... lic-breath
"The paper’s authors now suggest, “Chewing mint leaves, and eating apple and lettuce (raw and cooked) will help reduce the garlic breath volatiles.”
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Garlic Breath

Post by Rainbow »

CarrieS wrote:"The paper’s authors now suggest, “Chewing mint leaves, and eating apple and lettuce (raw and cooked) will help reduce the garlic breath volatiles.”
Thanks Carrie! I'll be giving these a shot.

I wonder if drinking mint tea will have the same effect as chewing the leaves. I guess there's only one way to find out...
4/4