Double 4/4 Thread. Unique health pathways?

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
Mel
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Double 4/4 Thread. Unique health pathways?

Post by Mel »

Hi Floramaria. I did NOT subtract the fiber. I will do that! In addition, two out of the ten cups of vegetables were cooked Brussels sprouts (which came to 22 grams in Cronometer) and one of the other vegetables was a sweet potato which is starchy and probably put me over. The other vegetables (1 cup each of mushrooms, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower, mixed spring greens, collards, kale cucumber) were lower in carbs. Almonds and walnuts are also contributing to some carbs. If I have a sweet potato, which isn't daily, I usually have half of one. I guess a full one (and the Brussels sprouts) can really raise the carbs.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Mel wrote:Hi Floramaria. I did NOT subtract the fiber. I will do that! In addition, two out of the ten cups of vegetables were cooked Brussels sprouts (which came to 22 grams in Cronometer)....
Hi Mel, subtracting fiber can a big difference and will allow you more leeway. Your 22 Gr of carb from 2 C Brussel Sprouts drops down significantly to 14 when the 4 gr fiber per C is subtracted.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Mel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mel »

Thanks Floramaria! That helps with calculating net carbs:)