Just found out APOE 4-2 copies

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
MiniJunkie
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Just found out APOE 4-2 copies

Post by MiniJunkie »

stanleyfg wrote:Hi,
Just registered and joined the conversation. Bredesen's first book is remarkable and shows a path. Crazy difficult to implement ALL his ideas, but just doing a portion has to be helpful, and the more the better. I just ordered his 2nd book. I read the first 2 years ago. It is a serious commitment to adopt as much of the protocol as possible, but what are the other choices? The protocol represents healthy living for more than the brain anyway.
The only hesitation I have about all this is that there aren't enough participants on this site. I'm attributing that to the fact that it is such a serious commitment to dive in, and too many people don't have the discipline. To me, a 1-APOE4 person in my 70s, I have chosen to trust the protocol and implement as much as I can, period.
I was just contemplating that today actually - the seemingly low participation/activity on this site. However, coming here has been encouraging and put me on the path to living better to fend off dementia in the long term.
49M, married with 3 kids, my mother has advanced Alzheimer’s, and I am 4/4
Jenny B
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jenny B »

stanleyfg wrote: Just registered and joined the conversation. Bredesen's first book is remarkable and shows a path. Crazy difficult to implement ALL his ideas, but just doing a portion has to be helpful, and the more the better. I just ordered his 2nd book. I read the first 2 years ago. It is a serious commitment to adopt as much of the protocol as possible, but what are the other choices?
Welcome, StanleyFG! So glad you decided to join this awesome community and the conversation. There is definitely an absolute ton of information in Dr. Bredesen's books and I hope you don't feel too overwhelmed but it sure sounds like you are committed to optimizing brain health. And you are so right that a commitment to brain health is a commitment to whole health! There are also lots of great resources and many terrific members here at ApoE4.info. One great resource is the Primer written by a doctor who is herself, ApoE 4/4. It is an introduction to ApoE4 and possible prevention strategies. Also, the How-To Guide can help you navigate the ApoE4.info website. We hope you find all you need and more here.

Warm regards,

Jenny
Jenny B, ND
FMCHC, NBC-HWC
ApoE4.info Sr Support Intern
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach
Naturopathic Doctor
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

stanleyfg wrote:Hi,
The only hesitation I have about all this is that there aren't enough participants on this site. I'm attributing that to the fact that it is such a serious commitment to dive in, and too many people don't have the discipline. To me, a 1-APOE4 person in my 70s, I have chosen to trust the protocol and implement as much as I can, period.
Welcome,

As someone who's been active here since 2014, I can say that posting is variable. There is also a huge amount of information in past posts. People only post when there is a reason. For those of us who've been here a while, that is usually because there is new information or to help someone who has a question.
Tincup
E3,E4
stanleyfg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by stanleyfg »

Thanks Tincup and Jenny BC