Hops To It - But Probably Not For Us

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Hops To It - But Probably Not For Us

Post by LillyBritches »

Are you kidding me with this?

Beer compound could help fend off Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=B ... mp=yhs-001

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hops To It - But Probably Not For Us

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Actually it might just be. I like to leave little nuggets along the rabbit hole search and thought you may have found one.

Hops is a cox2 inhibitor which then blocks pge2 which in turns blocks ep2 which was the scourge of another recent paper.

I have not tried to see if this is tied into that as this may be the chemical that inhibits cox2 or this may be in addition to or an additional way.

By the way the beer blocks cox 2 for how many hours? Only the rabbit hole reader knows.

Also, Susan if and when you find the article there is an RA blocker mentioned that has not been discussed that blocks cox2.

There are a few others that block cox2 in the article.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Yep that chemical effects cox 1 and cox 2 and stops pge2 production which stops ep 2.
Susan it is also suppose to work in arthritis as well, but this is not the plant that I read about.
Interesting to see if xanthohumol or however it is spelled is what is in turmeric or if it is another chemical in turmeric and aspirin, etc.
This is also supposed to be anti cancer as well, another of those at least triple threat chemicals for arthritis, AD and cancer, probably works on heart and others and would need further research.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Search xanthohumol and herbs and then read hops benefits and side effects to find out the unvarnished truth.
Xanthohumol is an antimicrobial that among other things kills cytomegalovirus, hsv1 and 2, etc on many more bacteria.

So another way to fight the good fight against bacteria, virus and fungus is to drink your one beer a day.

Full disclosure, I do not work for any beer manufacturers or receive any funding from the beer industry.

I will eventually explain mathmatical modeling and algorithms in bacteria and virus control in conjunction in how it applies to cancer as well.