Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by Magda »

needlenose wrote:
Magda wrote:...How did you find apoe4.info? Are you looking for information for yourself or a family member?...
I am concerned for my four children, aged 2.5 - 12. I'm sure most are aware of the current push to remove the voluntary vaccine exemption option. So I'm researching how best to prepare and deal with the inevitable. Two of my children already have learning difficulties. One in particular has noticeable neuro problems(eye tracking/speech) as well as sensory and perception issues. She is years behind her peers but steadily improving with therapy and education. Because neither of them is specifically on spectrum, they are not medically exempt. The other two are typical.

We began genetic testing for the kids a few years ago. Some of them have the MTHFR mutation(I have a 2x mutation) and we've been working on the supplementation for that.

I found Exley's video on Youtube, which led me to Crouse's video/recipe. In researching ingredients and sources, I found this specific thread. All of this has been very enlightening.
Dear Needlenose,
Thank you for sharing! I am sorry that you and our kids are going through a challenging time.

I am fully aware of this pro-vaccive movement all over the country. I even went to my local politician office to express my disagreement on a push of removing vaccine exemptions! I have a 5 year old son. I would like to have a choice, like many parents, on him receiving something with possible harmful effects...
I admire your proactivity ! and I am happy to hear that the content on our forum has been helpful.

If you would like to learn more on how to optimize health with MTHFR polymorphism, our Wiki page contains the entire part dedicated jus to that: https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Methylation

Please do not hesitate to post if more questions and concerns arise.

My best,
Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
babl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by babl »

laurie wrote: Here is another place you can order from. Sodium Hydrogen sulfate and sodium bisulfate are the same. https://www.eisengolden.com/store/index ... +bisulfate
Hi Laurie --
I checked out the link but couldn't find anything on the website for sodium bisulfate. They do carry a sodium bisulfite product, but it seems that sodium bisulfate and sodium bisulfite are not the same thing. Is it okay to use the bisulfite instead? I've been drinking the Fiji water but really hate adding more plastic to the oceans! Thanks!
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

No you can't use the bisulfite. We have found another source for the sodium bisulfate and have ordered some. It is scheduled to arrive on Wed and my husband plans to test it this week. I will let you know what he finds out.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
moncksboy
New User
New User

Post by moncksboy »

Re, the deodorant questions.
My wife uses only lemons as a deodorant and she smells great (maybe i'm prejudice but it is true).
thanks, jwh
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

LOVE IT!!! Bring on the lemons!
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

Just a note here that Whole Foods' brand Starkey, which is on the list of silica-containing waters, may have higher levels of arsenic in it. I was buying Starkey for a while for the silica, but I think I'll skip it . . .
https://www.consumerreports.org/water-q ... fe-levels/
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Plumster wrote:Just a note here that Whole Foods' brand Starkey, which is on the list of silica-containing waters, may have higher levels of arsenic in it. I was buying Starkey for a while for the silica, but I think I'll skip it . . .
https://www.consumerreports.org/water-q ... fe-levels/
Plumster,

If you want to protect your brain from the neurotoxic effects of aluminum I wouldn't stop drinking silica water.

There is a way for you to continue to drink Starkey by using a filter that removes the arsenic but keeps the silica. The standard Brita filter does not remove silica and it removes 23% of the arsenic (see figure 1 in the article below). My husband Dennis N Crouse has tested the Brita standard filter for silica and found none is removed. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5571974/

The safest solution is to make your own silica water, that way you know exactly what is in your water.

Arsenic is naturally occurring in many mineral waters. The Starkey site reports .008 ppm (8 mcg/L) of arsenic in the water. The consumer report says they found around 3 ppb (3 mcg/L ) (they don't report the specific amount of arsenic for Starkey water). There is a lot of 'battles' going on in the bottle water industry. I always like to get information from at least 2 sources before making a decision.

For people who are concerned about arsenic the United States Federal EPA maximum contaminant level for arsenic is 50 mcg/L (.05 mg/l). The standard in California is 10 mcg/L. Starkey is well below this in both reports.
Last edited by laurie on Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

Thanks, Laurie! I am switching to Fiji for now. I saw there were comments in this thread on how to make your own. I plan to read them, too.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Plumster wrote:Thanks, Laurie! I am switching to Fiji for now. I saw there were comments in this thread on how to make your own. I plan to read them, too.
Plumster,

It is great you are doing your research. Fiji is good choice until you do more research as it is very high in silica.

I edited my post above so the figures were easier to interpret.

I will send you a link to the video and recipe for making your own water.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

babl wrote:
laurie wrote: Here is another place you can order from. Sodium Hydrogen sulfate and sodium bisulfate are the same. https://www.eisengolden.com/store/index ... +bisulfate
Hi Laurie --
I checked out the link but couldn't find anything on the website for sodium bisulfate. They do carry a sodium bisulfite product, but it seems that sodium bisulfate and sodium bisulfite are not the same thing. Is it okay to use the bisulfite instead? I've been drinking the Fiji water but really hate adding more plastic to the oceans! Thanks!
Hi Babl,

We found another source of the sodium bisulfate - Asian dragon is the packer/distributor and Jones and Hamilton is the manufacturer. https://www.amazon.com/Sodium-Bisulfate ... B010CEHZXI

I spoke with a chemist working for the manufacturer (Jones and Hamilton) and the product is 99.7 percent pure. The impurities are calcium, magnesium and water. I tested the product and it is readily soluble in water. You will need to buy an airtight container to store this product. I bought a glass canning jar with a clamp down airtight seal. A 3 pound bag fits into a 33.8 ounce jar. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CM ... UTF8&psc=1
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse