Non-Bluetooth Sleep Trackers

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Non-Bluetooth Sleep Trackers

Post by Julie G »

I need your help, smart people. I'm searching for a non-bluetooth/Wi-Fi sleep tracker. The only one that I know of is the Oura ring. Are there others? TIA!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Non-Bluetooth Sleep Trackers

Post by circular »

Julie G wrote:I need your help, smart people. I'm searching for a non-bluetooth/Wi-Fi sleep tracker. The only one that I know of is the Oura ring. Are there others? TIA!
This doesn't answer your question (sorry) but I hope Oura will come out with a minipetite version for my little fingers. Some say that bands around one's wrist (along with tight bras, waistbands and the like) impede lymph flow. Don't know how big of a potential issue that is, but I'm all about lymph :D
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

circular wrote:I hope Oura will come out with a minipetite version for my little fingers. Some say that bands around one's wrist (along with tight bras, waistbands and the like) impede lymph flow. Don't know how big of a potential issue that is, but I'm all about lymph :D
They do have quite a few different sizes...
Sonoma Mike
4/4
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

mike wrote:
circular wrote:I hope Oura will come out with a minipetite version for my little fingers. Some say that bands around one's wrist (along with tight bras, waistbands and the like) impede lymph flow. Don't know how big of a potential issue that is, but I'm all about lymph :D
They do have quite a few different sizes...
The Oura ring is a little thick, I guess it has to be to contain the "innards" for monitoring/tracking. It is pretty amazing what it does for its size. When I ordered mine, I was given an opportunity to try a sizing kit. I'm glad I took advantage of that, not only did it reflect the size, but the thickness too. First I tried the ring finger on my right hand and did find the thickness annoying. So I tried the index finger and find that to be comfortable.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Julie,

I don't have them but I think Apple Watch (with app) and some of the Garmin watches/bands can be put in airplane mode (cobbling together on the Garmin https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recre ... plane-mode ) I have friends using Garmin fenix for sleep and also Apple watches. They aren't anal about turning off the radio, but I will see them on Tuesday & ask.
Tincup
E3,E4
Kathyfb13
New User
New User

Post by Kathyfb13 »

There is a European device that has just become available in the US called Dreem 2. It is considered state of the art for sleep tracking but fairly expensive I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Kathyfb13 wrote:There is a European device that has just become available in the US called Dreem 2. It is considered state of the art for sleep tracking but fairly expensive I think.
Interesting, thanks!

Bluetooth and wifi free and shows respiration too, and is 'Registered as an FDA Class II Medical Device.' Yes expensive at US$500, but might be worth it to have something more accurate than Fitbit. Still, hard to shell out the $. With FDA approval US insurance should cover it (but probably won't) if it helps reduce future healthcare costs.

It would be great to have sleep expert Matthew Walker weigh in on it.
Last edited by circular on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melanie R.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Melanie R. »

I've had the Oura Ring now for about a month and really love it. It's amazing the information I'm able to glean from day to day. I agree it may be thick for some, but I've gotten pretty used to it and wear it 24/7 unless it needs a charge, which is only once/week for 20 minutes.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (ReCODE)
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Kathyfb13 wrote:There is a European device that has just become available in the US called Dreem 2. It is considered state of the art for sleep tracking but fairly expensive I think.
Welcome, Kathyfb13!

I think you've made several people happy with this post! Or at the very least, intrigued with the possibilities of the Dreem2, so thanking you for taking the time to join and share that with us. If you haven't browsed the site for a while as a guest, you may have lots of areas in which you would like to share ideas and your own experiences.

In addition, I'd suggest browsing through the Primer, written by a doctor who has ApoE 4/4 and has been a part of this forum since it began, with deep wisdom on many topics.

And for tips on how to quote someone so they see your posts, how to search for topics and other handy forum tools, check our our Wiki section on "How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website. The Wiki itself, which can be found at the top of every page, has lots of suggestions and tips on ketosis and recipes.

I hope you continue to explore and share what works for you; we all learn best from each other in this forum of like-minded seekers of better health.
4/4 and still an optimist!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

The Dreem 2 is on sale this month @ $200 off.