Gut Zoomer vs Genova GI Effects

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
AlphaLee
Contributor
Contributor

Gut Zoomer vs Genova GI Effects

Post by AlphaLee »

Which is a better first step for trying to figure out if there are gut issues? Do either help you find out if you have SIBO.

Thanks
birdie18
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Gut Zoomer vs Genova GI Effects

Post by birdie18 »

AlphaLee wrote:Which is a better first step for trying to figure out if there are gut issues? Do either help you find out if you have SIBO.

Thanks
Great question. Tough answer. The best first step is a thoughtful analysis of your digestive tract.

A short list of general gut questions must include: what's working, what's not, what are your symptoms, what makes them better or worse, problems with certain foods, bowel movement frequency, stool firmness and color, time of day, stage of life, emotions, other body or mind symptoms, stress and many more.

With a deep assessment of the gut, there will be an understanding of your condition and a few unanswered question where a specific lab test might give clues. Only then, should the lab test be ordered. That information is usually critical to a proper diagnosis, like a missing puzzle piece. With it, you develop a therapeutic plan.

Ideally, you can work with a practitioner who helps you take the deep dive into healing the gut. There are also good books that cover this subject written by people with a lot of patient experience. They can be from various fields of expertise. With a focus on support of brain health, see The End of Alzheimer's Program by Dale Bredesen. Chapter 9, has a lot of GI info .

Gut issues are very common. Inflammation in the gut can alter brain function and contribute to dementia. Great health starts with a healthy gut.
birdie18
APOE4.info Intern2020
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Naturopathic Physician
tweet: vis medicatrix naturae
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Gut Zoomer vs Genova GI Effects

Post by Plumster »

I tried the Genova GI test and was disappointed in the lack of guidance after I received the results. I plan to try this one because it also looks at fungi in the gut and you can get a consultation for $20. I'll let you know what I think when I have the results.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR