Its all about context : interesting case

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Its all about context : interesting case

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Well it just so happens that I know a little bit about y'all as well, the hnf4a mutation is involved in diabetes of the Ashkenazi.

Also there is an Ashkenazi man in New York City that is 108 or so and still works and his brother is 104 or so and his sister died at 106. He eats whatever he wants and never gets sick, his favorite for lunch is raw hamburger. Anyways he was on 60 minutes a couple years ago and said people were studying him to find out more about his longevity. They may have come up with something or not as I have not followed his progress, so you may want to look further. Or it might have just been a nbc or cbs news segment that he was on?
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

George I'll look tomorrow for you.
At Dire Straits concert tonight.
Was a toss up between real hot chocolate and whiskey.
I went for the former.
Under 150 pounds today so I reckon its ok ;)
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

All hail the hot-chocolate imbibin' Dr. S! :D Well-played on your case, Stavia! That's...well...amazing. Simply amazing. Not surprised, though - you know what to do and are super-doc. And you got him to comply! That's awesome. Hope you enjoyed DS! Cuz you're gonna rock that practice. ..rock it inside out. ;)

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Last edited by LillyBritches on Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Annnndddd it just occurred to me I quoted Stray Cats instead of Dire Straits. LMAO Okay. You're a Sultan of Swing. But you're still rockin'. ;)
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

GeorgeN wrote:Hi Stavia,
Do you have access to this paper: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23520370
here you go George. Enjoy!
1047.full.pdf
LillyBritches wrote:Annnndddd it just occurred to me I quoted Stray Cats instead of Dire Straits. LMAO Okay. You're a Sultan of Swing. But you're still rockin'. ;)
Gosh did I rock. I'm hoarse. And deaf. In my Pink Floyd rock chick Tshirt. Patients saw me lolol. (small place). I'm actually a Why Worry and Money for Nothing rock chick.
Life is for living.
Welcomeaboard wrote:Well it just so happens that I know a little bit about y'all as well, the hnf4a mutation is involved in diabetes of the Ashkenazi.
Also there is an Ashkenazi man in New York City that is 108 or so and still works and his brother is 104 or so and his sister died at 106. He eats whatever he wants and never gets sick, his favorite for lunch is raw hamburger. Anyways he was on 60 minutes a couple years ago and said people were studying him to find out more about his longevity.
hmmm.. I did see I have a longevity gene on that fatal day when everything flashed before my eyes. I'm NOT going back to look. But its there. I saw it, it was the living to a 100 one.

We went thru such a bottleneck in the 1300's.Either crusaders or plague.http://www.haaretz.com/life/science-med ... m-1.614893
The math also indicates that today’s sprawling community of Ashkenazi Jews — there are more than 10 million around the world — derived from just 350 people or so. That previously postulated population bottleneck — a drastic reduction in population size — occurred between 25 to 32 generations ago, the scientists say.

I love the way this thread has rambled. Its true to life.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Hey Stavia,

You rock!!!

Thanks again!
Tincup
E3,E4
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

If you think this one rambles, you should read the ones on 23andme. I loved my rambling threads, but the organizationalistas had trouble wrapping their minds around a stroll thru life as it comes their way. A must be with A and B with B there can be no A times B creating an AB pile.

Money for nothing, ah I remember so well when I first heard the intro music, all my friends were wow, never heard anything like that before. Disappointing they did not do muçh more.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

WA you are a treasure.
Please tell me another zen or Buddha thingy? I LOVED the one about "the egg didnt change."
Its so so true that life is about perception. And there are some absolute truths.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Stavia,

Wonderful that you got a chance to cut loose! (And with some of your patients there... what a riot. I experience something similar when I'm at a music event -- or, esp., when I actually am part of the event in the form of my (very modest and non-famous) band -- and I see students.)
Welcomeaboard wrote: If you think this one rambles, you should read the ones on 23andme. I loved my rambling threads, but the organizationalistas had trouble wrapping their minds around [...]."
I know, right? Those freaks at 23andMe who wanted to make information organized and more accessible to people trying to improve their health. What non-wrapable minds have they! Fie on them! Heck, they even went 'n started a whole separate website.

GB
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We have met the enemy and he is us. - Pogo